A 6-week program combining live classes, real-world projects, and case studies. Be ready to tackle complex and strategic AI projects that can transform businesses.
Harness the transformative power of artificial intelligence for your company, and your career.
Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing the way business is done across industries, and becoming one of the fastest-growing segments of the tech industry. According to IDC, corporate investment in AI is expected to hit $500 billion by 2024 for an annual growth rate of 16.4%. It’s vital for leaders to understand how to make use of the power of AI to achieve competitive advantage and avoid disruption. But it’s not all about technology, but also about ensuring you’re solving the right problems and that the project is set up for success.
After taking this course, you will be able to make a convincing case to your company to embark on an AI project, determine what problems AI can solve for your business, and leverage the best practices from cutting-edge companies to ensure your AI project succeeds.
If you want to lead an AI project at your company, or are currently working on one, this course is for you.
- Instructor's Background
- What is AI?
- Why AI?
- A brief history of AI
- Supervised learning, unsupervised learning and reinforcement learning
- Fundamentals of machine learning
- Deep learning
- Identify the problem to be solved with AI
- How to evaluate off-the-shelf AI systems
- Understand the factors for AI projects (ROI, data availability, business goals)
- Look at case studies of AI
- Understand how to build an AI team (data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, AI testers)
- The basics of database technologies (data warehouses, relational systems, NoSQL, cloud platforms)
- How to clean up data
- Data labeling
- Data simulation
- Available AI tools (open source and proprietary systems)
- How to select an AI model
- How to train a model
- How to do feature engineering
- Different ways to measure the accuracy of a model
- Types of ways to deploy AI
- Use of MLOps
- Test and monitor the model
- How to use security
- Strategies for change management
What you'll learn
- Make a convincing case to your company to embark on an AI project
- Leverage the best practices from cutting-edge companies
- Learn about the core foundations of AI, including machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing (NLP)
- Determine what problems to first address with AI and not be distracted by common dead-ends
- Know when to buy an off-the-shelf solution
- Show how to build the right AI team, such as with data scientists, data engineers, and testers.
- Learn various techniques for locating and preparing data sets
- Look at how to create the right models
- See how to effectively deploy AI, such as with real-time updates, monitoring and security
Who this course is for
Who this course is forTarget Audience
- Managers of mid-size or large organizations who want to take on an AI project or are currently working on one.
- Non-technical people who need to have a high-level understanding of AI technology
- Founders of tech startups and software developers who want to get a better understanding of the topics involved in AI
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Tom Taulli is an advisor/board member to startups and the author of Implementing AI Systems: Transform Your Business in 6 Steps and Artificial Intelligence Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction. He also writes a column for Forbes.com, where he covers topics like AI and RPA. Besides his writings, Tom has founded several high-tech companies. They include WebIPO, BizEquity and Hypermart.net, which was sold to InfoSpace.
- Author of Implementing AI Systems: Transform Your Business in 6 Steps
- Author of Artificial Intelligence Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction
- Columnist for Forbes.com
- Founder of several tech startups
If you are a CEO of a MNC with AI and digital transformation as part of your roadmap, the founder of a tech startup, a software developer or someone who wants to get a better understanding of the topics involved in AI, the book is a must read for you.
Tom has provided the reader with a clear breakdown of the past, present, and future of artificial intelligence. The case studies are especially useful as a resource and strategic guide for decision-makers to understand all of the important criteria for implementing AI systems.
This is an up-to-date primer on the value of AI and a real-world look at what it really takes to execute AI projects successfully.
This book is great! I work at a tech company that utilizes machine learning for its products but don’t have a technical background. This book broke down a very confusing topic into easy to understand language and takeaways. I highly recommend it. I don't feel quite as stupid now when I talk with our tech team.
Tom Taulli draws upon his deep industry expertise and years of candid conversations with CEOs of technology companies to assemble a literary masterpiece. This book is a must-read for both aspiring entrepreneurs and seasoned technology professionals.
AI is the future and having a book like this is a wonderful help. I have read Tom Taulli’s books in the past and he is an outstanding author. It is amazing what insight he gives and how much AI is with us every day.